Veterans Services and Information
As a veteran or active duty military personnel, we offer you the guidance, support and services you need for an exceptional academic experience.
Contact Admissions to assist you with the admissions process and to learn more about our academic programs. Find out about:
- NWHSU’s academic programs
- Admission requirements
- How to apply
- Scheduling a campus visit
- Attending an admission event
Veterans Education Benefits
Find out if you qualify for VA education benefits (including the Post-911 GI Bill); Nwhsu’s Yellow Ribbon Program, Military Scholarships, and Scholarships for Incoming Students; federal financial aid (grants and loans); and other types of financial assistance:
Get involved with Veteran’s Club to connect with fellow veterans, service members, and military family members on campus. The Veteran’s Club helps to build camaraderie within the student-veteran community, and bridge the transition from military life to their civilian, personal and educational goals. The Veterans Club is open to all who share an interest in service to the campus and community. To find out more, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their Facebook page.
Be a part of our NWHSU Veteran’s Wall of Recognition. Submit your information online.
Military leave policies
Review our military leave policies – you may be eligible to receive an extension of coursework or tuition refund if you require a military leave of absence or withdrawal due to military service.
Our on-campus support services are offered at no cost to you:
- Academic support – academic counseling, tutoring, study skills and writing assistance
- Disability services – provides accommodations and services to ensure equal access to University programs and facilities
- Personal counseling – to discuss academic or personal concerns
- Veteran’s Center – Located just inside Door #8 on the Lower Level, this space is dedicated to Veterans, Military spouses, children, and Veteran Club Members. The center offers an area for students to study, eat and relax. It includes a lounge with a 60” TV, computer access and free printing. The kitchenette is stocked with complimentary coffee, a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and more.