Disability Services

The Office of Disability Services strives to ensure that all qualified students with disabilities have equal access to all university courses, services, programs, and facilities.

We provide services and accommodations that help students fully participate in the learning environment. Students are evaluated on the basis of their abilities. To inquire about services at any time, contact the Office of Disability Services by emailing mbriggs@nwhealth.edu or by calling 952-885-5405.

Resources for current students and faculty:

Accessing services

  1. Students with a known or suspected disability that will need accommodations in class and/or on exams, needs to fill out an accommodation request form. To access this link, click here: https://nwhealth-accommodate.symplicity.com/public_accommodation/.
    • This form can only be filled out by current students or incoming students that have an ID number and nwhealth email address. If you are a perspective student, please contact mbriggs@nwhealth for more information regarding accommodations.
  2. Disability Services will review the request and contact the student within 1-3 business days to schedule a meeting. If the student does not provide documentation on the request form, Disability Services will follow up regarding this prior to scheduling a meeting.
  3. At the initial meeting with the student, an accommodation plan is made. Disability Services will show the student how to submit a semester request and to schedule exams so please bring a laptop for the initial meeting.

Qualifying for services

You must document:
  • An impairment that substantially limits a major life activity
  • The current impact of your impairment
  • How it affects your ability to function in an academic setting
  • A rationale and an objective basis for the accommodations you request
Documentation details:
  • Documentation of a disability must be current and comprehensive. Review documentation guidelines (pdf)
  • Eligibility guidelines and accommodations might differ from your high school or other colleges you have attended
  • Documentation should be submitted only after you’ve been admitted to Northwestern