Student Laptop Loaners
Laptop computers are available for checkout to students for use at NWHSU. These laptops are intended as a short term temporary loan. They are intended to provide students access to a computer while on campus in the event that their personal computer is not working, did not bring it to campus, or just need access to a computer.
Each laptop is installed with NWHSU’s standard suite of programs, which includes Examsoft’s Examplify.
In order to borrow a laptop, you must fit the criteria and follow these rules:
- You must be a current NWHSU Student with no holds on your record.
- You must have a current validated NWHSU Student ID, as well as a photo ID such as a driver’s license, passport or State ID.
- You must read, understand and agree to the checkout agreement.
- Laptops are loaned for a maximum of 2 hours, within the NWHSU campus only.
- Laptop checkout can be renewed at the Library front desk.
- Late fees may be charged for any computer not returned on time. The late fee will be charge to the student account at a rate of $40 per day.
- All laptops must be returned to the Library front desk staff. (See Library hours)
- You may not reserve a laptop for a specific time.
- A student may borrow only one laptop at a time.
- Laptops must be returned to the Library circulation desk and checked in with a library staff member who will verify that the computer is in working order before the borrower leaves the desk. Please allow at least 5 minutes for the check in.
- No programs, documents, etc., may be left on the computer. Everything, except for the preloaded programs, will be deleted when the laptop is returned.
- Borrowers are responsible for the computer. If a machine is lost or stolen, the student is responsible for the replacement cost of $850. If a laptop is damaged during the use, the borrower is responsible for the cost of repairs.
- I agree to the safekeeping of the equipment detailed above and to return all items on the date specified. Any loss or damage to the equipment may result in a claim from the department for reimbursement of policy excess or any reasonable costs incurred.
- All computers provided by NWHSU are subject to the terms of the NWHSU acceptable use policy.
- Equipment must not be left unattended.
- Data stored on the laptop will be automatically deleted on reboot, or logout.
- Please store your files, data, or information on your NWHSU OneDrive or other storage.