Transfer Students - Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
Step 1 – Complete the application
Follow the instructions on How to Apply.
Step 2 – Submit references and transcripts
At least one of your references must be a faculty member at the acupuncture or Oriental medicine institution you previously attended.
In addition to the transcripts required for the application, have any other acupuncture or Oriental medicine institutions you attended send official transcripts directly to the Office of Admissions.
Step 3 – Provide letter of good academic standing
Have the Registrar from the acupuncture or Oriental medicine institution you attended send a letter directly to the Office of Admissions indicating you are in good academic standing and could continue studies at that institution.
Transfer policy – College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- The institution where you completed your transfer course work must be accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Courses may transfer to Northwestern if you have received grades of C or better.
- You will not be allowed to transfer to Northwestern if you are on academic probation or have any other academic restrictions.
- Transfer courses must have similar course content, name, length and objective, and correspond to courses within Northwestern’s acupuncture and Oriental medicine curriculum. The college Dean, Associate Dean or designee at Northwestern will determine comparability.
- All courses you submit for transfer must be completed within the past five years.
- Life experience as a nurse, doctor of chiropractic, medical doctor or physical therapist may be considered for transfer, if it has allowed you to use the skills learned in a particular course, within the past 10 years.
- All courses submitted for transfer must be applied for and posted to your Northwestern academic record prior to your enrollment.
- You must complete a minimum of three trimesters of resident study at Northwestern prior to graduation.
- You may be required to pass a challenge examination.
- Excessive student debt may be a factor in your ability to transfer.
- The final decision in your ability to transfer is determined by the college Dean.
- Approval of transfer course work for the Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Program does not guarantee transfer of the same courses for another academic program at Northwestern.
- Transfer policies are subject to change.