Mission and Foundation Statement
We Aspire To
Be a world-class health sciences university, educating students, practitioners and leaders in health and wellness solutions to help people live healthier lives.
Northwestern Health Sciences University prepares and serves the next generation of professionals and leaders to become vital contributors to the delivery and advancement of health care. Our mission is accomplished through educational excellence, innovative research, evidence-informed patient-centered care, public health advocacy and collaborative community engagement.
Building upon our legacy of natural approaches to health care, Northwestern Health Sciences University provides world-class professional education and research, as well as comprehensive multi-specialty, integrated health and wellness services for the benefit of society.
We offer our students and alumni a rich variety of learning opportunities, preparing them to practice at the highest level of their professions.
We provide leadership and advocacy for the scientific and societal advancement of our health care professions.
We graduate health care professionals, prepared for career success, who demonstrate critical thinking and employ the best clinical and business practices becoming national and international leaders within their specialties.
Through its continual pursuit of excellence, Northwestern Health Sciences University is recognized as a model for market-driven innovation, discovery and creativity.
- Deliver exemplary health sciences education and model excellence in the delivery of multi-specialty care.
- Transform students into proficient healthcare professionals and leaders, continuously connecting to generations of lifelong learners.
- Demonstrate excellence in holistic, patient centered care.
- Support high-impact research and scholarship, and develop innovations to improve health and wellness.
- Work continuously to innovate and improve.
- Create an environment of teamwork, partnership, growth and learning.
- Actively encourage diversity in thought and expression, respecting the unique contributions of all individuals.
- Foster strong bonds with the people and communities we serve.
- Practice fiscal responsibility and use resources wisely.
- Exceed the expectations of our students, patients, employees, partners and society.
We pledge to:
- Be professional, ethical, honest, trustworthy and accountable.
- Have pride in what we do – go the extra mile.
- Show genuine respect and dignity to all.
- Listen attentively, be open-minded and team driven.
- Be empathetic and compassionate.
- Be decisive and support risk-taking with sound judgment.
- Continually learn, grow and have fun along the way.