Northwestern Health Sciences University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
|Higher Learning Commission|
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500,
Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411
Phone: 800-621-7440 / 312-263-0456
Accreditation for academic programs:
- Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Program -Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM)
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science – National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- Chiropractic Program – The Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE)
- Massage Therapy -Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation. (COMTA)
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting – Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Medical Lab Technology – National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- Radiation Therapy – Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
Northwestern Health Sciences University is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
Minnesota Office of Higher Education
1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 350
Saint Paul, MN 55108-5227
The Minnesota Office of Higher Education has authorized us to award degrees in Minnesota, for the academic programs offered.
The Minnesota State Approving Agency for Veterans Education approves Northwestern Health Sciences University for veterans education benefits.
Northwestern Health Sciences University is a not-for-profit corporation under articles and bylaws registered with the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State. The university is qualified as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with the Internal Revenue Services of the United States Department of Treasury. 501(c)(3) status is reserved for organizations operating for educational, religious or charitable purposes.
National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements
Northwestern Health Sciences University has been approved by the state of Minnesota to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). The NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. Learn more about the NC-SARA and their mission by visiting their website at nc-sara.org.