How to Hire a Student
All student employment positions are posted on the University website to allow all students an equal opportunity to apply for employment. The Human Resources Department determines wages.
To hire a student
As the hiring supervisor, you must:
- Complete one Student Employment Job Order form for each position
- Positions are posted online within 48 hours of receipt of job order
- Human Resources will send you the information you need to log in and view the applications
- Review the applications to identify students who meet the minimum requirements
- Interview the students to determine who you would like to hire
- Fill out and sign the hiring information at the bottom of the student’s application
- Turn student’s application into Human Resources
Student Employment Job Order
NOTE: You cannot save this form once you begin entering your information. Be sure to allow APPROXIMATELY 15-20 MINUTES to fully complete this form in one sitting, or you will lose your information.
Save time by typing the Position Duties and Requirements/Qualifications sections in separate Word documents ahead of time. You may then copy/paste or upload the Word documents into this online form.