Acupuncture Town Hall Meeting to be held at Northwestern
Kate Martin | May 17, 2013
Join us on Tuesday, May 21 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Northwestern, along with the Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Association of Minnesota (AOMAM) and the American Academy of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AAAOM), are hosting a Town Hall Meeting on the evening of Tuesday, May 21.
The focus of the meeting is to bring together acupuncture and Oriental medicine practitioners to discuss legislative priorities and advocacy strategies. The event is intended to help practitioners, faculty, students and others learn more about the issues affecting the profession and patients, and ways in which practitioners and organizations can work together to be more effective at the Capitol.
The meeting will be held in Lecture Room 4 at Northwestern Health Sciences University from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and the agenda includes:
- Opening remarks by Chuck Sawyer, DC, Northwestern’s Center for Health Care Innovation and Policy;
- Welcome from Deah Kinion, LAc, Dipl. Ac., AOMAM President, and Brian Grosam, MAc, PhD, LAc, Dipl. Ac., AOMAM Vice President;
- Perspectives from a veteran member of the Minnesota Legislature, by Rep. Jim Abeler, DC, (R) District 35A;
- Overview of the legislative process in Minnesota, by David Kunz, Government Affairs, Center for Health Care Innovation and Policy;
- Update on current legislative issues, by Bonnie Bolash, MAc, LAc, Dipl. Ac., AOMAM Interim Legislative Committee Chair;
- Update on AOMAM legislative priorities – discussion and participant poll led by Bolash and Michael Egan, MOm, Dipl. Ac.;
- Panel discussion with AOMAM leadership.
For more information contact Dr. Chuck Sawyer, at email@example.com or 952-885-5470.