Undergraduate and Post-Bac Health Sciences
Complete your bachelor's degree in human biology.
Receive individual attention from faculty mentors in small class sizes with a healthcare focus.
- Read more
Fulfill your pre-health/pre-med, basic science prerequisites.
Learn from experts - approachable, experienced professors in a healthcare university setting.
- Read more
Prepare for success in medical school and other healthcare fields.
Learn close to home with customized course plans and accelerated courses to meet your personal goals.
- Read More
Bachelor of Science Completion
Fulfill course requirements to earn a Bachelor of Science in Human Biology degree. Our program is intended for:
Pursuing an education in health care? Our courses help you complete basic science prerequisities. Learn more about the educational benefits of Foundational Sciences.
Accelerated science courses
Complete each two-course sequence in less than 15 weeks - half the time of many other universities:
Non-accelerated science courses
Complete each course in less than 15 weeks:
- ANAT1001 Anatomy and Physiology 1
- ANAT1002 Anatomy and Physiology 2
- BIOC3110 Biochemistry
- BIOL2010 Introduction to Biology
- BIOL2020 Biology Today
- BIOL3010 Cell Biology
- BIOL4010 Microbiology
- BIOL4410 Genetics
- CHEM1001 Survey of Biological Chemistry
- MATH1005 Foundations of Math
- MEDT1001 Medical Terminology
Our University offers you a unique educational experience where you receive individual attention and support. Learn more about the our academic advantages.
Northwestern's Post-Bac Pre-Health/Pre-Med program is designed for students interested in pursuing a career in:
- Medicine, Osteopathic Medicine
- Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing
- Physician’s Assistant, Physical Therapy
- Many other related health care fields
Fulfill your undergraduate degree requirements or enroll in a single course that interests you. Complete each course in less than 15 weeks:
- ENGL1001 English Composition
- ENGL1002 Human Communication
- MAND3310 Mandarin for Health Professionals
- SPAN1001 Spanish for Health Professionals
- UGE3710 Communication Skills for Health Professionals
- ETHC1001 Ethics
- HIST1003 World History Since 1400
- HIST3110 History of Health Care
- PHIL3010 Epistemology of Health
- UGE3720 Critical Thinking for Health Professionals
- UGE3730 Bioethics
Courses meet several of the entrance requirements for:
- College of Chiropractic
- Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Program
- Graduate and professional school programs in the U.S.
- Medical school and other healthcare professional schools through our Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program