Application Process for International Students - A.A.S. in Massage Therapy
International students may apply for the Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Massage Therapy – but are not eligible for the massage therapy certificate program.
Step 1 – Complete the application
Follow the instructions on How to Apply.
Step 2 – Verify English competency
English language competency must be demonstrated by providing one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test (TOEFL® iBT) total score – 80 and TOEFL iBT speaking score – 26; or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall band score – 6.5 (Academic Format) and IELTS spoken band score – 8.0
We reserve the right to request proof of English proficiency of any applicant.
Step 3 – Proof of financial resources
- Provide evidence of financial resources to complete a minimum of at least one year of education. Official bank statement indicating sufficient funds is required. Proof of financial resources must be current within 9 months of your enrollment date.
- Submit International Certification Of Finances 2021 2022 (PDF)
Step 4 – International transcript evaluation
International transcripts need to be evaluated by World Education Services®. Official copies of the course-by-course evaluation must be forwarded directly to both Northwestern and the student.
To obtain a WES application:
- Submit an online WES application for free
Northwestern reserves the right to request a transcript review by an evaluation service for any courses completed outside of the United States.