Oncology Massage Healing SummitPage Menu
April 27-29, 2018
At the 2018 Oncology Massage Healing Summit, you will be inspired by many wonderful presenters from around the world, learn new techniques and network with colleagues.
Agenda / Topics
Review the full schedule of seminars and events.
Welcome reception at the hotel:
Thurs., April 26, 2018; 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
New! Essential Motion-Awakening Your Vibrant Body:
Friday and Saturday: 6:00 – 7:00 a.m. (first come, first served – limited space. At the Hilton Bloomington Hotel – No CE credits.)
Main Conference (includes breakfast and lunch each day):
April 27-28, 2018
Friday: Register/Breakfast 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.; Program 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday: Breakfast 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.; Program 8:30 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Optional Post Conference (includes box lunch):
April 29, 2018
Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Joanne Loewy, DA, LCAT, MT-BC is the director of the Louis Armstrong Center for Music and Medicine, and an associate professor at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The center serves patients of all ages: infants, children, adults with cancer, neurological disorders asthma and COPD, heart disease and children and teens with developmental delays or emotional handicaps.
Loewy oversees the Department of Music Therapy in the Mount Sinai Hospitals, which started at Beth Israel in 1994. She has conducted research in sedation, assessment, pain, asthma, oncology and NICU music therapy. Her areas of specialty are assessment, hermeneutic research, trauma and supervision.
Jerrilyn Cambron, LMT, DC, PhD is the dean of the College of Allied Health Sciences and Distance Education at the National University of Health Sciences. She is also the senior associate editor of the Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies and the immediate past-president of the Massage Therapy Foundation. She has spent 25 years doing clinical research. She enjoys discussing the importance and impact of research at all levels of health care.
Learn more about our speakers
- Isabel Adkins, BA, CMT, CMLD
- Karen Armstrong, LMT, BCTMB
- Jodi Baglien, CA, CST
- MK Brennan, President S40M, MS, RN, LMBT
- Kathy Bjerke, LMT
- Martha Brown Menard, PhD, LMT
- Jerrilyn Cambron, DC, LMT, PhD
- Lauren Cates, LMT, S4OM
- Dianna Dapkins, CMT
- Johnnette du Rand, LMT, NCBTMB, S4OM
- Lucille A. Eddy, LMT, S4OM
- Susan Gee, LMT, CMLDT
- Gillian Jackson, RMT
- Joanne Loewy, DA, LCAT, MT-BC
- Gayle MacDonald, MS, LMT
- Jan McIlwraith, BBA, DipHsc, CLT, REP-S40M, Massage & Myotherapy Australia, and Palliative Care Victoria
- Marcia (Patterson) Middleton, LMT, BS, CQIA
- Alastair Moock, singer/songwriter
- Nanci Newton, LMT
- Catherine Ryan, LMT
- Stacey Schultz, LMT
- Erika R. Slocum, LMT
- Nancy Keeney Smith, LMT, MLD
- Estelle Smits, Director/Educator Instituut Massage bij Kanker The Netherlands
- Cindy Spence, LMT, MPH
- Carolyn Tague, MA, CMT
- Carmen Thompson, BS, LPTA, CMT, CLT-LANA
- Ruth Werner, BCTMB