Pre-Health/Med Post-Baccalaureate ProgramPage Menu
Are you planning to pursue a healthcare career?
If you have a bachelor’s degree, you can enroll in our Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health program and complete prerequisites for a healthcare professional school.
Complete individual courses to help you meet your goals.
- Of the NWHSU graduates we surveyed, most were accepted into their desired programs after applying.
- Our students have been accepted into medical school, physical therapy school, dental school, physician assistant programs and more.
Benefits of our Post-Bac Pre-Health program
By taking our accelerated courses in general chemistry, organic chemistry and physics, you can complete one full academic year of a two-course sequence in only one 15-week semester - half the time it typically takes in other post-bac pre-health programs.
- Accelerated courses in foundational sciences.
- A customizable program that meets your needs.
- American Medical Students Association (AMSA) Club on campus, with mentors who are medical students.
- Recorded lectures available for added flexibility.
- Small class sizes for more individualized attention.
- One of the most affordable post-bac pre-health programs available.
- Access to financial aid.
- MCAT test prep sessions and free tutoring available.
- Research opportunities.
- Discounts and free materials from Kaplan.
- Faculty advising and assistance finding opportunities for shadowing and volunteering.
Some schools our graduates have been accepted into
- Physician assistant
- Physical therapy
- … and more
Post-Bac Pre-Health student Krishna Thenappan tells his story of how he came to study at NWHSU.
“I owe a great deal of gratitude to the faculty here at NWHSU for all of the counsel, support and mentoring that I have received. They challenged me enough to bring out the best in me, but also provided the help that I needed to stay afloat. I've always felt that the post-bac team here had my back.”
–Joshua Pinson, recent NWHSU graduate who was accepted into Bethel University's physician assistant program
No other post-bac program features a mock multiple mini-interview process. This experience prepares you to deal with the real thing.
Advising for those headed to medical school
Receive one-on-one guidance from a retired medical doctor.
We offer a course that gives you highly individualized help with the written portion of your professional school application.
Option to take graduate-level courses
Those who meet admissions requirements may take graduate-level courses from the College of Chiropractic.
UND medical student mentorship
Are you on the pre-med track? Get guidance from University of North Dakota medical students.
Whether joining an MCAT study club or working with a faculty member as your mentor, you’ll be fully supported while you’re here.
Live and learn in healthy Minneapolis
Study and live in the heart of the Twin Cities metro area of Minneapolis, ranked #1 nationally for healthy living by Livability.com.
“Your Post-Bac Pre-Health program positioned me well as I began my MCAT study plan, and ultimately gave me the confidence I needed as I entered the room on test day ... confident that I could correctly answer nearly any question the MCAT threw at me.”
–Will Trousdale, recent grad who was accepted into Mayo Clinic School of Medicine