PBPH Leadership Scholarship
Purpose of the PBPH Leadership Scholarship for Incoming and Current Students
The goal of the PBPH Leadership Scholarship is to develop student interest, involvement, and leadership within the campus community.
Scholarship recipients receive an award of $1,000 their first term, and an award of $1,500 for subsequent terms if approved for renewal.
This scholarship opportunity is open to all incoming and current PBPH students. To qualify for this scholarship applicants must:
- Complete an online application
- Provide two references
- Be accepted to the PBPH program
- Enroll in a minimum of 8 credits
- Leadership experience
Scholarship Renewal Criteria
In order to maintain scholarship eligibility, you must:
- Maintain a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Enroll in a minimum of 8 credits
- Prominent leadership role in AMSA, MAPS, or Pre-health club
- Active in Student Ambassador Club (multiple events and tours, emailing prospective students, etc.)
- Student Senate VP
- Active leadership roughly equivalent to examples above. Leading role in accomplishing positive changes/hosting significant events on campus
- Minimum participation of 10 hours per term
- Be a positive and professional representative of the university
Scholarship Financial Parameters
- Two scholarships are awarded to incoming students and one scholarship is awarded to a continuing student each term.
- There is no limitation on number of eligible terms, and unsuccessful applicants can apply maximum of one additional time.
- The PBPH Leadership Scholarship Committee reserves the right to not award the scholarship if there are no qualified applicants.
To apply for the PBPH Leadership Scholarship:
- Current students – complete the Scholarship Application* by filling out this form, including the list of items below.
- Incoming students – complete a Scholarship Application* by logging into the application portal, including the list of items below.
a. Personal Statement (300-500 words). An essay in which you:
i. Discuss your history of leadership experience.
ii. Explain how you plan to be a leader as an NWHSU student.
b. Résumé of Relevant Experience. Your résumé should highlight the work, service, and leadership experiences you have had.
c. Two (2) Professional Letters of Recommendation. Two (2) letters of recommendation from professional references who can speak about your qualifications for this scholarship. Letters must be from a professional source. Once you submit your application you will receive a link to a form to send to your references to complete online. Only two recommendations per applicant will be accepted. Letters that are sent in by the applicant will not be included in the application.
Please direct questions about the application process, or expectations of scholarship recipients to Erin Kahn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Paper and emailed applications, and applications that were not sent through the electronic application will not be accepted.
Scholarship Application Deadlines
The Winter 2024 scholarship application is open!
- Final application deadline: Friday, November 24th at 11:59pm for completion of the application, including letters of recommendation.
PBPH Leadership Scholarship applicants are notified of their award status via email by Friday, December 8th.
Upon receipt of a scholarship award, an adjustment may be made to your financial aid package to meet federal regulations and institutional policies.