About the College of Undergraduate Health Sciences
The College of Undergraduate Health Sciences allows students to complete undergraduate courses to fulfill pre-professional prerequisites or undergraduate degree requirements. Afternoon and evening courses are offered to students with daytime commitments.
Fulfilling your requirements
Our fully accredited courses are transferable to other colleges and universities. They also meet several of the entrance requirements for:
- College of Chiropractic
- College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Graduate and professional school programs throughout the U.S., including the University of Minnesota
- Medical school and other healthcare professional schools through our Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program
AND fulfill many of the degree requirements for:
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology completion program
- Associate of Applied Science in Massage Therapy (AAS)
If you are pursuing career in health care or exploring your options, our courses are designed to help you complete basic science requirements so you can achieve your goal. Learn more about Foundational Sciences.
Accelerated science courses - complete each two-course sequence in less than 15 weeks
Many of our science courses are offered in accelerated format, which allows you to complete one full academic year of a two-course sequence in less than 15 weeks. Accelerated science courses are conveniently offered every Fall, Winter and Summer trimester.
- General Chemistry 1 and 2
- Organic Chemistry 1 and 2
- Fundamentals of Physics and General Physics 2
- Biomechanics (single course)
Non-accelerated science courses - complete each course in less than 15 weeks
- Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2
- Biology Today
- Introduction to Biology
- Medical Terminology
We offer general non-accelerated courses to fulfill undergraduate degree requirements and post-baccalaureate coursework. Or enroll in a single course that interests you. Complete each course is less than 15 weeks.
- English Composition
- Human Communication
- World History Since 1400
- Spanish for Health Professionals
- Cultural Anthropology
- General Psychology
- Health Psychology
Northwestern Health Sciences University reserves the right to change or discontinue academic programs at the University’s discretion.