Blending the Science and Art of Health CarePage Menu
At Northwestern you’ll learn the balance between:
- An evidence-informed understanding of the body in health and disease
- The human side of caring for a patient
This blending of science and art will help you provide patient-centered, quality care in your practice. You’ll learn how to cultivate a relationship with the patient that serves as a unique element in the healing process. You’ll also develop the critical thinking skills necessary to make informed decisions about patient care.
These critical thinking skills combined with a strong science foundation and an understanding of the whole patient will help you mature into a well-rounded practitioner.
Develop your confidence and competence with:
- A strong basic science foundation
- Clinical science courses combined with labs to develop diagnostic and treatment skills
- Experienced faculty who mentor you throughout the curriculum
- The ability to work closely with patients in real-world clinical settings
- Community-based clinical internships in private clinics, hospitals and social service agencies
- Clinical experiences where you learn alongside health professionals from different disciplines
- The foundations of evidence-informed practice
- Education in the business aspects of clinical practice
A Northwestern education prepares you to be a natural healthcare provider who is knowledgeable, skilled and patient-centered.