2019 Chiropractic Assistant Program Agenda
Chiropractic Assistant Program
Friday, Feb. 8, 2019
8 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (10:00 – 10:30 a.m. Snack break)
Healing at the Front Desk
William D. Esteb
Is being a chiropractic assistant a job or a calling? A paycheck or a cause? Whether you realize it or not, as the gatekeeper of the practice, patients are looking to you for leadership, answers and hope. Discover simple techniques (from a patient’s point of view) that can help you become a key influencer in the lives of patients while avoiding the burnout of professional caregivers.
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Lunch with Doctors
1:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Snack Break)
Employment Law Basics: The Administrative Perspective
Michele Jiosne, SPHR
Do you know . . .
- The basics of ensuring non-discriminatory practices at your organization?
- Every employee is required by law to complete a Form I-9 upon hire and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States? There are strict guidelines in terms of how to complete these forms and maintain them?
- Both the federal and MN state Fair Labor Standards Acts set forth rules on minimum wage, calculation of overtime, exempt vs. non-exempt employees and pay dates? The difference between a W-2 and 1099 employee?
- Both Minneapolis and St. Paul have paid sick leave ordinances that require businesses to provide paid time off for certain reasons?
- Employee handbooks can be a valuable tool in communicating workplace policies, procedures and expectations to employees? If you have a handbook, there are certain items that are required to be included in Minnesota?
Failure to adhere to any of these basic employment practices can have a significant financial impact to your organization in the event of a claim. Attend this course to learn how you can minimize potential financial risk by identifying gaps and implementing compliant administrative policies and procedures.