Staying Safe Online Tips and ResourcesPage Menu
The following are resources, tips, and information to help keep you and your information safe online.
- Social Networking Tips
- Mobile Safety Tips
- Password Tips and Standards
- Viruses, Worms, and Trojans
- Computer Updates
Links and Resources
- Security FAQs: http://www.security-faqs.com/how-to-identify-and-avoid-anti-virus-scams.html
- 10 tips on ways to avoid identity theft at college: http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=7897
- FTC’s Web site on Identity Theft: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/
- Android Infections on the Rise:http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9240994/Android_spyware_infections_on_the_rise?pageNumber=1
- Microsoft – Safe Blogging: http://www.microsoft.com/security/family-safety/blogging.aspx
- OnGuardOnline.gov http://www.onguardonline.gov OnGuardOnline.gov provides practical tips from the federal government and the technology industry to help you be on guard against internet fraud, secure your computer, and protect your personal information.
- StayingSafeOnline.org National Cyber Security Alliance http://www.staysafeonline.org/ NCSA’s mission is to educate and therefore empower a digital society to use the Internet safely and securely at home, work, and school, protecting the technology individuals’ use, the networks they connect to, and our shared digital assets.
- CreditReport.org – Analyzing your Internet Privacy http://www.creditreport.org/analyzing-your-internet-privacy