Our Commitment to Diversity
Educating culturally competent healthcare providers
Northwestern Health Sciences University has developed curriculum to reflect this need, and developed practices, programs and policies to support the cultural competency of our faculty and staff.
Our Board of Trustees leads the University in this commitment and incorporates all aspects of diversity into Northwestern’s strategic direction.
Examples of our commitment include:
- The Diversity Scholarship for incoming students
- The Diversity Leadership Scholarship for current students
- Partnerships with community service agencies and K-12 schools.
A specially-created body, the Commission for Diversity and Inclusion, coordinates these efforts and is comprised of senior administration, faculty, staff and students.
- Create a welcoming campus climate
- Encourage service to a diverse community
- Build opportunities that attract and retain a diverse student body
- Develop curricula that foster cultural competencies
- Cultivate leadership that champions diversity
“The community of Northwestern Health Sciences University acknowledges the dignity of all human beings and resolves to treat all people with respect and equality. We will accept nothing less. We recognize the differences among us such as culture, race, ethnicity, age, ideology, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion and spirituality.”