Complete Support for Your CareerPage Menu
Northwestern supports your academic and professional success from the moment you walk on our campus and throughout your career.
Business and professional foundations
You learn the business of clinical practice:
- Business and practice management—accounting, budgeting, finance and investing
- Elements of the office visit—history-taking, exam procedures and report-of-findings
- Diagnosis and treatment coding and third-party reimbursement
- Marketing your practice
- Goal setting for personal and professional development
- Professional communication skills
- Networking for practice opportunities
You enter professional practice prepared to take on the challenges of patient care following our comprehensive community-based internship program.
You are mentored by experienced and highly skilled doctors of chiropractic, treating patients alongside them in actual chiropractic clinics. You have opportunities to intern in diverse clinical settings, including outreach and international clinics. These experiences prepare you for the type of practice you want in the setting you want.
Student services while you're here:
- Academic counseling – help with class scheduling options
- Study skills help – time management, textbook reading, memory skills, note taking, test preparation, test taking, and other skills to improve academic performance
- Peer tutoring – a network of tutors can enhance your understanding of your courses
- Full service Office of Student Affairs
Alumni and career services once you graduate:
- Continuing education courses and events
- Practice management resources and support
- Full service Office of Alumni and Development